Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Face Book Foodie Friends

 I have some friends from JAP that are dear to me and we have bonded and crossed over from JAP to FB friends. we see pics of family and friends, talk on the phone, send goodie packages from time to time, and generally grow closer and a few have formed secret groups on FB where we talk about food, family, life, and bacon. A lot of bacon. Anyway, these groups are private and I don't want to reveal anybodies personal information so I'll give a few first names, but otherwise will in general call them my Foodie Friends. There is Lynn, and Dee, and Linda, and Jane, and Aurora, and Kim and Wendy, and Laurie and Dan and Didi and Sherri and and and. I see I've made a mistake to name names here, so lets go back to foodies. 

So, I'm blown away that I've won the burger contest on JAP, I mean BLOWN AWAY! there are 3 other burger winners too, and winners from Chili, Recipes, BBQ, Desserts, ect. In total there were 21 winners in the contest and the prize was entry into The World Food Championships. I was invited to compete in the Burgers category in Las Vegas Nevada from Nov 6th to the 10th, very exciting, but of course I'm not going but still really excited. 

You see, when I first posted my burger recipe on JAP nobody really noticed it. It went unnoticed. I was disappointed because I thought it was really good, so, when the recipe contest was announced I was excited to enter my recipe, just for someone to notice it, and they did! so that was really exciting to me. Here is my burger, its called a Grilled Pico Burger and I used left-over pico de gillo from veggies from my garden to make it.
ok so, here is the link to the recipe on JAP: 
So, I was excited and I went on to my foodie friends group and told them and they were just as excited as I was, which is a really good indicator of why I love these people and keep them in my life, they're always so supportive and encouraging. I shared the recipe with them, shared the news with them, and they advised me to go. To make every effort, to make it happen, they would help, they would chip in, they would. It got me thinking, that I really wanted to give it a go. I mean, WOW! The World Food Championships! WOW! Las Vegas! WOW! Alot of money.... wow.
So I accepted the invitation, JAP paid my entry fee, and I had only to find a way to get there. 










No comments:

Post a Comment