Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Treadmill worthy Brownies

ok, so its decided. I'm gonna make these really fantastic brownies called Treadmill worthy brownies. For years I've been trying to duplicate what my husband considers the perfect brownie, and this is pretty much as close as I'm gonna get. Now hubby, Glenn, his idea of perfect means it comes from a bakery in Smalltown, NJ.  Not a supermarket with a bakery in it, but an honest-to-goodness bakery. Preferably owned by polish, german, hungarian or, (surprise!) Italian folks. This bakery should be situated in a somewhat older town, with brick buildings and maple trees lining the street. When you walk in the door little bells that hang on the cross bar will jingle, alerting the owner that you've come in. The owner will come out from the back with a white apron on. They will cheerfully and with full hungarian accent, box up your order in a white cardboard box and tie it with red and white string.
These brownies should be made of real coco, be very rich and moist and not cake-like at all. They should contain walnuts NOT pecans. they should have a thin layer of sugar pressed into the bottom and each should be cut rather large, enough to give you a belly ache if you eat it in one sitting with a tall glass of milk. I got the recipe from my favorite cooking site, JustaPinch.com from one of my favorite cooks, Gail Welch. This girl can really cook it up!! http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/gail-welch/treadmill-worthy-brownies/quick-easy-cake?k=treadmill+worthy+brownies&p=1&o=r
 This will be my second go-around. Last time I made one batch, half with walnuts and half with chocolate chip morsals. This time I'll be making 2 full batches, as they are THAT good. Plus, I'm bringing them to tailgate and they will surely make me look good with my bleacher buddies. Go West!!

No comments:

Post a Comment